clubdelagracieuse Index du Forum clubdelagracieuse
club de voile et de croisière de port st louis du rhone

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Music racks and computer racks the same?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    clubdelagracieuse Index du Forum -> Le reste -> Zone bla bla
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
kevinhanks
mousse

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Mai - 14:18 (2018)    Sujet du message: Music racks and computer racks the same? Répondre en citant

Hello,

I'm working for a company that wants to go rackmount for its servers. A cursory search led me to a couple of threads about rackmount cabinets, and in one of them, I found an interesting piece of advice. This guy said to buy rackmount cases designed for musical equipment instead of computer rackmounts, since they're much cheaper. I'm a big fan of SKB Cases so this suits me just fine. SKB's are great because they're small and portable, and I think that this would be better than a giant 72" cabinet anyway. They seem to be 19" wide and they talk in the same terms, "1U, 2U" etc, so it seems like they should be compatible--I'd just hate to get one here and find out that it's not. The only problem I can come up with is that maybe the holes in the rails are incompatible or something? So if someone could confirm or deny this compatibility rumor, that would be good. I'm also wondering about cooling--I don't have any special needs, I just want to pop in some Dell Poweredge servers. Is there anything that I should be worried about cooling-wise? I'd also like recommendations for some basic accessories you think I might need, like a rackmount hub or something.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=951526
Custom explainer video service

Thank you

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 25 Mai - 14:18 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    clubdelagracieuse Index du Forum -> Le reste -> Zone bla bla
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation